Another Letter

I wrote my letter to the swimsuit company, Kortni Jeane, that is based out of Provo! 
Kortni Jeane:
            I would like to start by commending you on a great company. I have bought some of your swimmers and love them. The variety of patterns and styles makes wearing your swimmers so enjoyable. I look forward to seeing the new patterns released every collection. All of the simmers I have received have been as advertised and of great quality.
            I have loved witnessing your push to make everyone feel great and comfortable in a swimsuit. Most swimsuit companies advertise perfectly slim women with no blemishes, cellulite, etc. It is refreshing to see real women in your swimmers. I am a student at Brigham Young University majoring in Human Development. I am currently in a media class that discusses the effects of media on family and individual development. As mentioned previously, many companies reflect the “thin ideal” in their advertisements. This can have such detrimental effects to women because it sends the message that the only way to be beautiful is to be thin. Your company breaks that stereotype by showing women of all shapes and sizes. My only wish is that all of your swimmers matched that representation. I was so excited when I saw you release extended sizes for different heights. However, when I went on your website, it was only extended for tall sizes. I am 5’2” and while I love the swimmers I have gotten from Kortni Jeane, I would love to see swimmers that are made for shorter individuals. The website describes your high-waisted bottoms as hitting right above the belly button, but for a shorter than average individual, it tends to hit right below the bust. Maybe you are working on releasing petite bottoms, but if not, here’s a hint! I will continue supporting your wonderful company but would love to see a change in sizing in the future.

Thank you!

-->
Amanda Gardner

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this! Kortni Jeane is a wonderful company and I love your products, but I agree that there are always opportunities to be more inclusive! Hopefully they release more accommodating sizing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular