Instagram Flashback

I just scrolled through all of my old Instagram pictures! I went back to the beginning! Bad eyebrows, awkward posing, weird captions beginning. So much has changed about me since I first got my Instagram. It was super cool, though, because I found a picture I took my junior year of high school. I was on spring break and my family and I went to Utah. During the visit I took a picture in front of the BYU "The World Is Our Campus" sign. At that point, I was debating whether I wanted to go to BYU Hawaii or BYU Provo. Both of my older sisters had gone to BYU Hawaii their freshman year of college! I thought I could do that too and then transfer to Provo. Either way, I knew I wanted to be some kind of BYU student. 







Then I remebered a somewhat similar picture I had posted a year later. It was spring break again and my family was back in Utah. This time was different though! I had applied to all the BYU's with Provo as my #1 choice. I was not expecting to find out so soon, but within minutes of me landing in Utah and getting to where we were staying, I found out I was accepted into BYU Provo. I was soooo happy. So much hard work in school, extracurriculars, etc. had gone into this. I was so proud of myself and was so excited to start my life at BYU. 



Looking back, I am so grateful for my decison to go to BYU and even more grateful that I was accepted. Although, I didn't meet my husband here, we dated and got engaged here! I have learned so much about myself and have really found my true passions in life. I cannot believe all that has happened in just 3 years and the fact that I will be done in April! Life is crazy, but life is awesome, too!

Comments

  1. This makes me feel so nostalgic! Social media is definitely great for the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I totally did a similar trip down memory lane yesterday to look back at my Facebook photos. I also love Timehop for this same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this makes me so nostalgic as I approach the end of my time here at BYU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fun! I love being able to look at old photos so readily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular