Violent Media

I have never been a fan of video games in general. I have always had a major distaste for violent video games. Every once and a while my husband will get together with his brother and play these video games. Although I know this is a way they "bond", I feel like there are so many better ways to bond than play video games.

It was interesting to hear the violent media lecture and attend Craig Anderson's lecture on video games. It was cool to see research that actually discusses the psychological, emotional, physical, etc. influences of video games. I like that I can now use more than my personal opinion to explain reasons not to play violent video games. 

Comments

  1. I agree, I am not a fan of video games as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great discussion and I will have to go back and watch the Craig Anderson discussion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the view point, I've definitely done the same thing with my own brothers to bond with them, but it has gotten less and less often with the classes that I've taken in this major! There absolutely are much better things to do to bond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular