Social Media Fast

Okay, guys! I did the 10-day social media fast. When President Nelson first announced his challenge to the women of the church I was a little annoyed. Hint hint at my attachment to social media. I reluctantly did it. At first, I had a hard time! I constantly would open my phone and my fingers would naturally tap to the place where Instagram and Facebook used to be. Literally, without even thinking about it, I would go to check social media.

Although I was reluctant at first, I was grateful for the timing of this. This past week and a half were extremely busy and I know I would have wasted so much time on social media when I really should have be studying. I was so much more productive and focussed on my school work when social media scrolling wasn't an option.

I redownloaded Facebook and Instagram. I also updated my phone. Now I have the screentime function. This is so nice and cool! You can set time limits on certain types of apps. I set a time limit on social media apps. When you reach your limit a screen pops up and lets you ignore the limit or close the app. Whether you ignore it or not the notice is nice so you realize how much time you have spent on social media. I really like this function.

Comments

  1. Way to go for doing the fast even though it was hard/not appealing. Sometimes that's when the best realization/revelations come! It is crazy how many little minutes slip through the cracks on social media sometime. That's awesome that you've set up the limit for screen time now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing!! Even after redownloading them now, I find myself forgetting that I even have it and I don't go to it as often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular