Weekend in the Woods

Last night we went camping with some friends in American Fork and it was so beautiful. As we drove further up the mountain, I lost service on my phone. I knew I should have probably expected this because we were in the middle of nowhere. I had mixed emotions about not having service. 

My first thoughts: This will be good! I can get away from the world and just enjoy nature. I can have a good time with my husband and friends.

My second thoughts: Oh no! My sister who is a day past her due date could have her baby and I wouldn't know! What if someone from a group project or work tries to contact me and I don't respond. What if...?

I realized it was okay to be out of touch for a little. Luckily, no baby births were missed and we had a great time! Media can be very useful, but sometimes it can be nice to take a break from it!



Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! My husband and I went camping earlier this month and I had that same realization, although it was nice to unplug and not have to worry about my phone. Technology seems to be a blessing and a curse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel this same way when I go up in the mountains and lose service. Ultimately though it always seems to end up that I haven't missed anything so I'm trying to be less stressed about losing connection to the world and becoming one with nature again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular